We’re looking back on the second week of racing in the Vuelta 2019 with a quick trawl through the Twitterstream. We have Philippe Gilbert‘s Flanders-style win, Jakob Fuglsang‘s first GT victory, young’uns Tadej Pogacar and Sepp Kuss, ideas for our new mystery series starring Tosh Van Der Sande (PI), and baby animals hitching a ride with Thibaut Pinot.
Kathi, Midge and Euan look back on the second week of the Vuelta Espana and other happenings in the cycling world.
- Is the race grabbing us and making us fall in love with it?
- Are the peloton lazy-assed good for nothings?
- Which top ten rider is actually a made-up person?
- Who do we think is going to win the blooming thing?
- And which rider would be funniest in the young rider’s jersey?
Plus we do actually discuss some real things in the race that we loved and look ahead to the final week – can anyone beat Primoz Roglic?
The Velovoices podcast would be sponsored by Irn Bru if they knew what was good for them.
We’re just into our second week of Vuelta 2019 – so why not have a look at the crazy first week. We had mudbaths and unfeasibly large bikes; new guys winning, conti teams in red; plus our favourite dysfunctional family, Movistar. It’s Vuelta TWEETS OF THE WEEK !