If the 2019 Tour de France was a nightclub …
Stage 19 of this year’s Tour de France was eventful. Two of the fan favourites, Thibaut Pinot and Julian Alaphilippe, fell out of contention. Team Ineos took the lead of the race then the stage was abandoned due to bad weather and landslides.
Kathi, Luke, Midge and Euan basically just rave about the second week of the 2019 Tour de France
- In praise of Julian Alaphilippe, holding onto yellow as long as he can
- The lows of the stage 10 split
- The highs of the mountain stages
- They even wax lyrical about the time trial! When did last happen?
Plus a rare moment of agreement when they all pick the same rider as the favourite to be on the top step of the podium in Paris. You’ll have to listen to find out who that is. Listeners of a Movistar persuasion are reminded that this podcast really does feel for you.
Kathi, Midge and Euan sit down and chew over the first week of 2019’s Tour de France. They discuss the heroes and those that haven’t quite made the grade. Questions asked include
- Why do people want Julian Alaphilippe to change?
- Polka dot bike… why?
- Can Thibaut Pinot go on and win the whole thing?
- Which stage could Midge not bear to watch?
Plus Chris Froome‘s sniffles, Thomas de Gendt‘s piercing and a the man who added a little extra gravel.