It’s awards time! Kathi, Midge, Luke and Euan get together round the Velovoices dining table and discuss all the nominations for the 2019 Velovoices Awards.
- Kathi taking on the team that tackles itself
- The Tour de France stage that changed Luke’s whole outlook on cycling
- Just how damn hot is Julian Alaphilippe?
- And the Tirreno-Adriatico stage that time seems to have forgotten (by everyone except Midge)
There’s a lot of laughs along the way and some poignant moments too.
To see all the nominations and to cast your votes click here
And #StayAlert for the next podcast when we reveal your winners.
Midge, Luke and Euan look back on the UCI World Championships in Yorkshire.
- Midge celebrates one of her great Danes taking the men’s rainbows
- Luke celebrates a new resurgence in American cycling… but has his worries.
- Euan gives a broadside to some “arrogant pros”
- And Midge reveals the real reason Trek have managed to sign to many medalists.
Plus we break one of the big cycling fans taboos as we discover that no-one actually watches all of the races.
Kathi, Midge, Luke and Euan look back on the Vuelta a Espana 2019 and conduct a team-by-team wrap-up
- Which team did the best GIFs?
- Which team has lost all the mojo it came in with?
- Which team provided the most LOLs? (clue it begins with Movi and ends with -star)
- How does the KOM competition actually work?
- And which VeloVoice has skipped an entire year?
Plus is Tadej Pogacar going to dominate racing forever? What’s next for Primoz Roglic? And which team managed to out-Movistar Movistar?
The VeloVoices podcast would be sponsored by Irn Bru if they knew what was good for them.