Kathi, Midge, Luke and Euan get dressed up in their glad rags, open a bottle of something special and announce the winners of the 2019 VeloVoices Awards.
From Best Race Finish, through the Best Riders all the way to the Lifetime Achievement Award we reveal how you’ve voted in cycling’s most* prestigious awards of the year.
Plus we look back on our Big Bold Prediction and the highlights of 2019.
Expect much love for Julian’s ensemble, Thibaut’s tears, the missing award and…. soap.
*dare you to say different
It’s awards time! Kathi, Midge, Luke and Euan get together round the Velovoices dining table and discuss all the nominations for the 2019 Velovoices Awards.
- Kathi taking on the team that tackles itself
- The Tour de France stage that changed Luke’s whole outlook on cycling
- Just how damn hot is Julian Alaphilippe?
- And the Tirreno-Adriatico stage that time seems to have forgotten (by everyone except Midge)
There’s a lot of laughs along the way and some poignant moments too.
To see all the nominations and to cast your votes click here
And #StayAlert for the next podcast when we reveal your winners.
Midge, Luke and Euan look back on the UCI World Championships in Yorkshire.
- Midge celebrates one of her great Danes taking the men’s rainbows
- Luke celebrates a new resurgence in American cycling… but has his worries.
- Euan gives a broadside to some “arrogant pros”
- And Midge reveals the real reason Trek have managed to sign to many medalists.
Plus we break one of the big cycling fans taboos as we discover that no-one actually watches all of the races.