Midge, Luke and Euan look back on the UCI World Championships in Yorkshire.
- Midge celebrates one of her great Danes taking the men’s rainbows
- Luke celebrates a new resurgence in American cycling… but has his worries.
- Euan gives a broadside to some “arrogant pros”
- And Midge reveals the real reason Trek have managed to sign to many medalists.
Plus we break one of the big cycling fans taboos as we discover that no-one actually watches all of the races.
Kathi, Midge, Luke and Euan look back on the Vuelta a Espana 2019 and conduct a team-by-team wrap-up
- Which team did the best GIFs?
- Which team has lost all the mojo it came in with?
- Which team provided the most LOLs? (clue it begins with Movi and ends with -star)
- How does the KOM competition actually work?
- And which VeloVoice has skipped an entire year?
Plus is Tadej Pogacar going to dominate racing forever? What’s next for Primoz Roglic? And which team managed to out-Movistar Movistar?
The VeloVoices podcast would be sponsored by Irn Bru if they knew what was good for them.
The 2019 Vuelta a Espana has been a topsy-turvy race. It had more unexpected happenings than an entire series of Stranger Things. So it wouldn’t have been a shocker if today’s traditionally processional stage became an all-out war that turned the GC on its head. In the end, sanity prevailed and Deceuninck Quick-Step’s Fabio Jakobsen took the sprint win in the Madrid finale. As expected, Jumbo-Visma’s Primoz Roglic won the Vuelta overall.