Kathi, Midge and Euan look back on the first week of the Vuelta Espana and other happenings in the cycling world.
- We sing the praises of Scotland’s favourite drink
- Instant Karma’s gonna get you – yes you, Ineos
- Has the Vuelta been really great or really rubbish?
- Team of the week makes Euan a happy man
- Which rider has been making us swoon with admiration and barf with bad styling?
Plus the usual LOLs at Movistar, we love the man who loves the rain and farewell to a jolly nice man with jolly nice hair.
It was a short stage (less than 100km); it was a tough stage (5 categorised climbs … no flat ground from start to finish); it was stormy day (torrential rain, hail, thunder and lightening greeted the riders as they came into the final 10km); yet it was a fairytale ending for the Slovenian rider, Tadej Pogacar, who took his first ever grand tour stage in his first ever grand tour. And as has been the norm for this Giro, the red jersey changed shoulders again, this time from Miguel Angel Lopez to Nairo Quintana in a tussle to the top of Cortals d’Encamp.