Marcel Kittel burst onto the pro scene in 2011 with Skil-Shimano and blazed his way to victory and into fans’ hearts everywhere. His struggles over the past two seasons have been apparent and although he parted earlier this year with Katusha to take a break and consider his future, it still came as a huge surprise when he announced his retirement from pro cycling in August, at the age of 31. Kittel’s pro career might have been relatively short, but hot damn, it was a blaze of glory. Here is our A to Z of the ArgoSunGod.
Kathi, Midge and Euan look back on the first week of the Vuelta Espana and other happenings in the cycling world.
- We sing the praises of Scotland’s favourite drink
- Instant Karma’s gonna get you – yes you, Ineos
- Has the Vuelta been really great or really rubbish?
- Team of the week makes Euan a happy man
- Which rider has been making us swoon with admiration and barf with bad styling?
Plus the usual LOLs at Movistar, we love the man who loves the rain and farewell to a jolly nice man with jolly nice hair.