Kiss My Panache came on board as a member of VeloVoices in the summer and has brought a real visual flair to the blog. His day job is as a creative director, he lives on the American East Coast and has two mini-Panaches with his lovely wife, Mrs Panache. If a rider doesn’t have style, Panache doesn’t wanna know … here are his wishes for 2013 (in no particular order, although he says that number ten is the most important). All images are by the man himself.
1. Ryder Hesjedal wins another Grand Tour.
2. UCI leadership is completely transformed by replacing Pat McQuaid and sending Hein Verbruggen to the island of Elba.
3. Andy Schleck and Cadel Evans have competitive form for the 100th edition of the Tour de France and they have an epic battle with Alberto Contador on the slopes of L’Alpe d’Huez.
4. Fabian Cancellara wins Roubaix in a nail-biter with Tom Boonen. Sylvain Chavanel wins the Tour of Flanders by following Cancellara and leaving him at the end. [That’s so cruel, Panache – Kitty.]
5. Peter Sagan dominates the Ardennes Classics or becomes road race World Champion. Either would be fine with me.
6. Argos Shimano and Europcar obtain WorldTour licences. [Well, he got one of his wishes already – Ed.]
7. Taylor Phinney podiums at Roubaix and wins the World Championships time trial in Florence.
8. More women’s races are broadcast.
9. Daniele Benatti and Philippe Gilbert unblock me from Twitter and we start direct messaging each other.
10. I find a dream job of being the creative director of a luxury cycling apparel company, which enables me to move my family to Europe and travel the world. I eat French pastries at a quaint cafe with the entire VeloVoices team at once. [Sounds good to me – Ed.]
10 wishes for 2013